Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Delicious Choc Chip Cookies - Just because you asked nicely!


You would NEVER believe these had chickpeas in them! Awesome!

Facebook seems to be where Im getting much of my inspiration from recently, and today seems no different. My status read " baking time... chocolate chip cookies with chickpeas, oats and other goodies! Delish!" and the comments that followed showed me that you love my healthy recipes! So here is this bomb I found today. I modified it slightly - its from Deceptively Delicious (you can find it in my book wheel, bottom left of the blog page).

Nat's Choc Chip Cookies

3/4 cup of butter (use real stuff)
1/2 cup brown or raw sugar (I halved this, the original recipe said 1 cup - way too much and unnecessary)
2 egg whites
1 cup chopped dark chocolate (original recipe called for two cups)
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
1 tin chickpeas drained and rinsed (you could use fresh soaked ones instead)
1/2 cup of oats
2 cups flour
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsb vanilla essence

Prehead oven to 180 degrees, line baking tins with baking paper.
In a bowl, beat butter and sugar. Once creamy, add egg whites and vanilla essence.
Once nicely combined, add the chocolate, nuts, chickpeas & oats.
Then add flour & bicarb and mix well.
Roll tablespoon sized portions in hands and place on tray, approx 3 cm apart.
Cook for 13 minutes, until cookies are slightly brown. Do not over cook.
Allow to cook on a wire rack.

It just goes to show you how yummy & nutritious your cooking can be when you think outside the square!


3 comments:

  1. please tell me these are part of our cleansing eating plan! now that would be a good cleanse! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing - I am going to have a crack at these this weekend! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made them they are fantastic just don't forget to flatten them. Can't stop eating them. New look blog looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I thoroughly appreciate your comments, don't be shy to leave one!