Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I have a mouth Ulcer.. ouch!

There I said it. I have a mouth Ulcer. Its not a regular thing for me but whenever I hurt the inside of my mouth, the healing process almost always ends up disrupted and end result - it gets infected.
I know at the moment, Im doing a lot. I have a lot on my plate but I love life that way! I admit however, I haven't had any spinal care in over 4 weeks, I've been doing endless hours of work outside my regular span, mostly when Olivia is asleep and so taking care of me has taken a back seat. I blame this for the ulcer because really my body should have healed it by now. The theory is that there is less bacteria inside your mouth and so cuts should actually heal quicker in there.

Watermelon frost is an awesome product we stock in the clinic for the treatment of mouth ulcers and cold sores. Here's the thing - I lent mine to somebody! I hope their mouth is in a better state than mine.

If you do suffer from mouth ulcers there are a few things you can do.
~ stress can be a major contributor to mouth ulcers and especially healing. Taking some vitamin B6 may be useful. (hence why I went to visit my good friends at Masque Day Spa today in Albert Park ... ahhh it was bliss and my body is feeling awesome!)
~ wash the mouth out with warm salty water to assist in healing
~ use watermelon frost and don't lent it to friends! You never know when you might need it. Instead, next time you buy some, buy two to avoid this because right now, I wish I had!

1 comment:

I thoroughly appreciate your comments, don't be shy to leave one!