Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy World Vegan Day!


original image here

I'm on a mini break, with a few days off (ahh the serenity) - but I thought I'd post you a recipe being World Vegan Day today.

Being World Vegan Day, I encourage you to make something simple and delicious and of course nutritious this evening. This is one of my most favorite Salads that everybody will love!

spiced chickpea & carrot salad

Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon ground coriander and 1 teaspoon of paprika. Cook for 1 minute and then pour spiced mixture over a 400gm can of organic chickpeas (rinsed and drained of course). Toss chickpea mixture with 2 coarsely grated carrots, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey.

Awesome!
original recipe from donna hays 'no time to cook' 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thoroughly appreciate your comments, don't be shy to leave one!