Sunday, September 5, 2010

Post Cleanse - What now?

To eat
original image here

Can you believe you've nearly finished! You have two days in which you will follow the 10 steps and then you will be in what I have tagged the "Post Cleanse Phase." The official end of the cleanse is Wednesday morning. You need to be aware that if your planning on finishing the cleanse you should slowly introduce foods back into the diet and be sure not to do it in one foul swoop. If your enjoying the cleanse and you don't want to fully finish, your not alone! I will be with you. If your finishing up, please be careful that you don't overdo it. I strongly recommend you take notice of the following:

~ for the next three days, have at the most one meat/chicken etc meal per day
~ continue to drink plenty of water and get adequate rest
~ avoid alcohol for these 3 days
~ should you be re-introducing coffee, I suggest using soy milk
~ wait three days (with the introduction of meat) before you introduce dairy, so that it is gradual.
~ continue with lemon water and pro-biotic each day

Of course you don't have to switch back! You have done such a magnificent job, and I'm certain you are feeling so much better for it, you may not want to undo all the great work!

I will be introducing some soy milk, spelt bread, and maybe some dark chocolate to the mix. Im planning on remaining vegan for a week or so and then probably remaining vegetarian for a few weeks. I have done this many times, sometimes for up to a year because I know I feel better for it. Having said that we are not all genetically the same! Some people function better with more protein in the diet, others a balance of protein, fat & carbohydrate, and if your like me very little meat protein is necessary. You are going to need to listen to what your body is telling you; I'm quite sure that after the past week, you have learnt to listen to your body that little bit better.

I love how clean I am feeling! Every single time I cleanse, I love the result. I have never been disappointed, not ever.

I know because you love the recipes so much I'm going to leave you with this beauty!

Nat & Sara's homemade baked beans

When Sara and I were at uni we literally lived off this recipe! Its so delicious - if you do re-introduce bread, its awesome on toast!
I prefer to use dried beans that I have soaked overnight, but if you are happy to use tin beans, you can use any variety. I prefer mixed beans.


1 onion diced
2 cups of 4 bean mix (or a tin of beans)
3 fresh tomatos chopped (or one tin)
1 red/green capsicum
I bunch of corriander
Salt and pepper to taste

In a pan, use a few tablespoons of coconut oil (or olive oil - coconut oil is my preference as it is much better for you) and place diced onion in. Add the capsicum and stir. Cook for a few minutes before adding the tomato, salt and pepper and allow to cook for approx 10 minutes or until it has the consistence of relish.
Add beans and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
Mix through corriander
Season to taste.

You can also use this as a vegetarian version of burritos filling.

So delicious!


Nat's Veggie Burgers
(these are for the post cleanse phase as they contain egg)

1 grated zucchini
1 graded carrot
1 grated onion
1 grated potato - fluid squeezed out
1 cup chopped parsley
1 cup spelt flour (or regular flour)
1 egg
Grated cheese (once your not cleansing!)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and allow to sit in the fridge until ready. Roll burgers into the size you prefer and cook on BBQ or in shallow pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thoroughly appreciate your comments, don't be shy to leave one!