Friday, October 1, 2010

Good Food Friday :: Tabouli




You may have noticed, there has been a lot of one ingredient spoken about this week. I've been experimenting in the kitchen with millet. You can find millet in your health food stores, or even in good supermarkets.

I hope you enjoy my Tabouli recipe - delicious and healthy with all the fresh ingredients.

Terrific Tabouli

1 large bunch of parsley
3 finely chopped tomato
1/2 red onion finely chopped
1/2 cup of cooked Millet (boil in a pot with 2 cups of water for approximately an hour or until soft)
The juice of one lemon
2 - 3 table spoons of olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a salad bowl and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I heart tabouli! I have millet here. I will be making this over the weekend. ROCK on healthy eating. love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabouli is wonderful! I love how fresh the flavours are and how healthy it is! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!
    I could go some of this on a kebab right now!
    Thank you for the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your Kebab comment on Twitter Emily! It made me laugh! Totally make Tabouli! It's the bomb! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tabule, one of my favourit summer food!

    ReplyDelete

I thoroughly appreciate your comments, don't be shy to leave one!