Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A day at home

Im fortunate enough to be able to have the best of both worlds. I am able to have time at home with my beautiful family as well as work in the clinic, work around my own hours to a degree and create enough time for it all. Sometimes I wish I could do more of both. Spend more time at home and spend more time in the clinic! I guess it depends on how many toddler tantrums I have encountered that day or how many successful pregnancies we have had for that week that might sway which I want more of at that time.
Tuesdays are home days for us. I especially love Tuesdays because I get to enjoy and watch Olivia in action at gymbaroo. I love watching her play and learn. What I also love, is how tuckered out she is by the end of it! We get a good midday sleep on Tuesdays which allows me to get extra work done.
Unfortunately today, Olivia's day sleep was cut short and as a result I was oh so lucky to have Olivia in full swing at the shops with a tantrum (lack of sleep will do this!). It was quite the scene, and she managed to bring in a good crowd of onlookers. All I could do was laugh. Well laugh and bribe her by telling her we would go home to make Banana Bread!
We love baking together, and as Olivia is getting older I am enjoying being able to show her that good food comes from wholesome ingredients. I know she is young and certainly doesn't understand the importance of good nutrition, but I hope that we are creating beautiful memories of making food which we can share together. I know good nutrition is engrained into me, I have my mother to thank for that and by doing this I am trying to show Olivia the same. There is nothing better than warm baked goods fresh out of the oven. I love sharing this with her! And I hope that by passing on our recipe you can do the same with your children.
Our familes health relies on what we put on the dinner table and into the lunch boxes. Good quality food is second to none and there should be no substitute for it. A healthy digestive system is the foundation to wellness. It is the pivot point of our health and feeds our body with all it needs. If we are taking in poor quality food, our body can't be expected to work properly. Be sure to be mindful of this each time you eat, and make the time to create healthy food for you and your family.

Nat & Livvi's Banana Bread

1 cup of spelt flour
1/2 cup of organic self raising flour
1 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 cup honey
3 ripe organic bananas
2 free range organic eggs
1 tsp good quality vanilla essence or vanilla bean
125gm melted butter

Grease and Line a loaf tin
Mix dry ingredients together
Melt butter and mix in with dry ingredients.
Add beaten egg
Add mashed Banana's, honey and vanilla essence and mix well.

Pour into loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean!

Enjoy warm from over with a smear of organic butter! Delish!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEionnrxM__b3NaylNmI3Pg7WMmvD63E2VvyoJVDE-3wLSRCvOtQMQtJhWRQ-ChqWsOeZpjyXByx_k1qmqWxrAo2OiZmhUSELDLbTsQ0rtJebW6GHD4l9xRcUnWCnKsKfyHWYeZm8F8DJuo/s1600/bread3.jpg">


No comments:

Post a Comment

I thoroughly appreciate your comments, don't be shy to leave one!